I made a whoops when I added a pond lily last fall, some curly-leafed pond weed seed must have rode in on the media and have sprouted all around it. I have been manually pulling it around the lily, but am afraid it will be a loosing battle. It is tough as heck to snorkel in there and get to the base of the plants without harming the lily.

I only have a 20sq foot area I need to eradicate this stuff from, but it is intertwined with a beautiful dark-red lily I would like to keep which is a prolific bloomer.

What are my options? Should I nuke the lily and surrounding plants from orbit? Will I have a chance of eradicating it manually? Will grass carp eat it and leave the lily alone? I doubt it.

Seeing how much plant control costs makes me think the nuke from orbit may be my best option to stop it before it gets out of control.

Also we swim in the pond, so I would prefer something safe and ecologically sound.

Sidenote: Lots of baby cattails coming up all around the pond. It has been only a few months, so I can only assume there were fuzzies in the air from nearby swamps. I am planning on letting them grow in select areas of the pond but maintaining control.

Oh, and Mr. Yellow flag is going bye-bye.