Guys I'm not trying to hijack my own thread, but this whole long term precipitation thing is starting to worry me. The loss of so many trees, is what got me thinking about another chipper to begin with.

I try to avoid the whole global warming thing, but looking at average rainfalls over the last 20 years made me realize how close we are in East TX to actually being semi-arid.

This map is for a 10 year cycle, and is 20 years old, but it was the latest 10 year average I could find.

I was lucky enough to have a tremendous watershed for my lake, but I'm still not sure it's enough. I've easily got 10 acres of watershed per surface acre, and we're still at the mercy of Spring rains. I've raised my water level a foot, and hope this will get me through the year.

I'm wondering if the whole dynamic of pond ownership is going to change, and the requirements for the watershed and the soil composition become more important that the pond itself.

I had my dirt guy remove as much dirt as he could last Winter to deepen my pool, and may continue to do it until I can hold as much water as is financially possible. It would have been far easier and cheaper to have done this originally, when the actual construction began.

AL