Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Originally Posted By: spinnerbait
I had problems with my loader bucket at the top starting to bend, and split. I use this loader ALOT, for just about anything. I took a 1/4 thick piece of angle and welded it to the top and I have had no problems since. I have pushed over some good sized trees with it. Also welded on a hook in the middle to pick up things with a chain.

At the top??? Perhaps it's more common than I realize, but I don't believe I've ever heard of one splitting up there. I certainly have heard about them splitting on the leading edge on the bottom from heavy work, but never the top. Love the hook idea, by the way.

I split both top and bottom. Rewelded the top, bottom, and welded the angle on top to reinforce it.
I added the hook mainly to move my trailers when mowing. Just hook the hitch, lift and move, then move back when done. You can see by the battle scars on the bucket that it is used alot. Second pic is moving a pile of brush with pallet forks. 5-600 bucks on ebay for pallet forks which I use alot also.

Attached Images
2012-05-20_09-41-13_428.jpg 2012-05-20_16-33-34_726.jpg

"I have not failed, I have only found 10,000 ways that won't work"
Thomas Edison