For my part at least, I'm referencing BG, not so much LMB. And I have thrown a variety at them: spoons, spinners, poppers, flies, worms, beemoths....fished with and without a float, and also just a slow sinking presentation with no weight. And I have fished BG for several years, so I don't want to think my fishing abilities are the culprit, but I will admit that anything's possible. And I do catch some, but when compared to the numbers of fish that readily feed on AQ500, there's a huge difference. Especially since some of these are a species (HBG) supposedly known for their willingness to bite, and relatively easy "catchability". There must certainly be a multitude of factors that play a part in whether or not the fish are "biting" on any given day, and on any BOW.

However, since I have fed ponds, and unfed ponds, within yards of each other, all stocked with the same species,(with the exception of the HBG pond), I can compare them quite readily. The unfed pond produces BG much faster, and with less effort on the part of the angler, than the fed ponds do. It would seem to me that the feeding programs are having an effect on angling success or failure.

I went back and found the last thread I remembered that dealt with fish, and their capacity to learn, or not. I'm still not sure I can differentiate between a conditioned response, and a learned one.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22044&Number=279741#Post279741

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.