While Lusk was in Omaha with Bing and some other guys at the Warren Buffet thing I offered to spend the afternoon with Youngblood at the pond. We caught/collected a few dozen CSBG for my cages then started feeding the HSB. He tied into a nice 19"er

Last weekend the kids had the urge to do some fishing/swimming. About 3 weeks early on the swimming - but figured if they could handle the mid 60 temps, I'd let them go for it.

Sure look confident before hitting the water

My son jumped in, began crying because of the shock of the icy water temps, and I had to lift him out! My daughter learned and decided to adopt a more deliberate approach:

After a few minutes to acclimate, they were still pretty chilly! Can you hear the chattering teeth?

After they dried off and warmed up, they caught a few CSBG first

Then we moved onto the HSB:

Violet caught a 17" fish - little on the trim side:

August topped it with a fish just under 20", and full of either AM LMB pellets or hopefully BG!

I tried my hand at landing that elusive 25-26" female I keep seeing hammering the AM LM pellets - hooked two fish, but lost them. Gotta beef up the tackle!

All in all, good day at Hudson Pond!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]