Once I began an assertive feeding program I have a very hard time catching anything but BG, RES, and HCP on artificials. My SMB and HSB will still hit jig/crawler, minnow or BG under a float, but it's not steady action. If I shut down the feeder for a couple days, which I rarely do, the action picks up significantly. If I want to tie into my SMB or HSB I resort to the pellet fly presentation and I have no problems catching them.

I have mixed feelings about the whole scenario.

I love the WR and apparent health of my fish that AM pellets render, and a part of me feels good that my fish are so reluctant to hit artificials which may discourage any trespassers. That last one might be a reach...

I miss being able to employ different angling strategies and having to resort to just pellet fly patterns. It doesn't require any skill to cast a AM 600 or LMB pellet out to feeding fish and hold on. So, I miss using plastics, topwaters, jigs, fly rodding with streamers/buggers or poppers.

In my fishery it's a tradeoff [high WR fish/poor angling success] unless I want to shut down the feeders - but it may be different in other ponds. Eager to hear other people's experiences on angling success on well fed pellet fisheries.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]