Hey guys, Just back from my major road trip! Was Beautiful and great...and wonderful to be home!

CJ, and Ewest I started writing a long post and was starting to blather, and decided to try and shorten.

EXPERTS are people who can recognize the mistake you are about to make.

How do you become an expert? LOL I speak from experience.

I anticipate the Crappie pond becoming a problem.As with any BOW without management, there is a good chance that things can go to Hades.

I truly appreciate opinions, pro or con.

What's the average life expectancy under average conditions for BC?
The reason I ask will help in designing a management strategy. I had considered adding minnow species, but backed the truck up a bit. If BC are proflific spawners, will they not give me the same thing as minnows? Young to eat?

I ask about the age expectancy as I am considering a slot length limit.Keep no fish LONGER than "x". Judging by the gape on these BC, they can eat fairly decent sized minnows.And if I understand correctly, feed/weight conversion is similar to LMB.

Of course a certain sized spawn will be required.Any thoughts on management of a crappie only pond? Let's consider this a test tube guys.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer.