At this stage in his fishing career, the little ones are just as important to him, if not more intriguing. "are we gonna take a picture of this one" was the question while reeling in every fish. He couldn't put the connection between what fish got pictures and what fish didnt. They were all special.

When my dad took me fishing it was basically I could come along and pretty much fend for myself and keep myself entertained for 4-8 hrs. When I take my kids fishing, the focus is 100% on them, conversation, answering questions, throwing rocks, searching for frogs, talking about fish, etc and usually even then I only keep these outings 15-45 minutes. This was Noah's first in the boat all day excursion and it did get long for him, but he was so proud of himself for the accomplishment as we prepared and planned for his big day out with the guys.

I have taken this same approach with all 3 of my kids and all of my nieces and nephews and 13 out of 13 are hooked on fishing and spending time with their uncles outdoors.