The nice thing about owning your own pond is you can pretty much stock it however you like. I think one of the big goals of this forum is the sharing of information. We want pond owner's to be educated on the decisions they make. Once they know the facts, how they stock their pond is up to the them. I don't think any forum member wants to wash someone's mouth out with soap because of a fish they stock or any other decision they make about their pond. We just want people to be well informed so they don't make a poor decision. Sometimes doing unconventional things works out great, sometimes miserably. We just hope pond owners share their experiences with fellow forum members. In both good outcomes and bad ones... This is how we all learn. From having been on the forum for a while now I see many people ask for help but never come back to share how things have played out in their ponds. I personally want everyone to share their experiences, conventional and unconventional alike so we can all learn from them. It's been said more than once on here but with almost any management action one takes with their pond it all depends. What may rarely work in most ponds might just work for your pond. We won't know until it's tried but we can certainly say the odds of that management practice is likely to lead to unwanted issues.