At least those are your well managed waters. I started my daughter out on the river close to the house as I caught many fish there. Mainly drum and carp, but it was still fun to get out and have a nice fight.

Well back to the story she liked going there and caught her largest fish to date which was about a 5 pound carp, which we had to keep and try to clean without much success. But now if we actually go fishing somewhere her patience is pretty then. I hate it that she has turned out this way but I guess I should have taken her somewhere else to learn as then she would understand it is fishing and you are not always guaranteed fish.

But at the river you are more than likely going to catch something. May not be big enough or fit to eat but usually get some action. She always asks "where was it I caught the big fish daddy, huh, why can we go there, what was it called again" "When can we go back". At any rate I tell her it was a carp and we you caught it right there on the river. All I know is she enjoys going out and asks every weekend if I can take her fishing, I just wish she understood I can not go all the time AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO, daddy has things at the house we have to get done. But I try to take her as much as I can and just pray she stays interested in going. Such good memories and experiences are formed.