Hey James they look great to me. Crappie are a four letter word around here and probably with good reason but i am a crappie fan. I know they can work in a pond but the "it depends" comes into play big time. I have fished some excellent crappie ponds and before I found this forum I just thought all you had to do was stock the crappie and enjoy. But after all the reading and advise i have come to realize that the ponds I fished for crappie in the past were no accident. I remember one in particular that was about 3/4 acre up by Louisburg and the owner always told us to keep all the crappie we caught and always turn the largemouth back because he only had a certain amount of them and they would not reproduce. It never made sense to us but we followed his instructions and always caught plenty of 10 - 14 inch crappies. Now that I know a little more (thanks to my p.b. education) I realize he probably had the same sex lmb in there to control the crappie numbers and I now know why the pond was full of shiners. It all makes sense now. We never did catch any other fish in that pond besides crappie and the occasional big shiner but every year we always went there to get the first fish fry of the spring. Perhaps it might make sense to throw in some same sex lmb for pop control and some gsh and fhm for forage and go for it. I have seen it work.