I have a 3/4 acre pond here I'n Wi. After checking surface water temp today Iam contemplating the deffuser.the ponds spring fed at 300 gal a hour,all year. Depth of 18ft, with average of 10 to 12. Bass, trout, gills,and perch all made the winter. Trout bit good for first few weeks after ice out. We had a few days with 70 and sunny, the surface water temp climbed to 64.8 today. And all warm water fish gills and bass were just cruising around the top foot or so of water column . It was nice to see all the fish made the winter, but has me concerned about the trout I plan on stocking I'n a few weeks.I checked the water temp of spring also today and it was 47.6.... I believe that stays pretty steady.......so do you guys think I shld even aerate or will it do more harm than good ? The trout I plan on stocking will be 12 to 14 inchers and if the bass eat a few so be it. As of the trout I'n now, do you think they just stay bottom Part of pond til they feed? Plenty of food btw, tadpoles, shiners, and you can dip net all the fat heads you want.Any input would be great guys.

Last edited by Jamie friebel; 04/26/12 09:14 PM.