Just to clarify further...I am a fish supplying "source", for anyone, looking for any fish, including any species/hybrid tilapia.

With respect to "my" Blue tilapia, I OWN all my known pure, Blue Tilapia (T Aurea). I sell my pure Blues on ebay, directly stock, and supply to to retail distributors. I do not "source" my Blue Tilapia, yet I also do not own the private ponds they are kept and grown in. These "contract growers" are not my employees, they raise and care for MY fish. I have complete trust and confidence in the places I've chosen and won't go into the details of the individual agreements with my grower/producer. I will say the man that grows out my fry into stocker size will not let one of my fish leave his property unless it is dead, or in my truck.

In the past 5 years or so, I have sold hundreds of thousands on my pure strain, so it is entirely possible someone is now selling/reproducing from seed stock I originally supplied. To the best of my knowledge, no one that has tried to spawn and sell the quantity of fish needed to supply even a small fish farm and had any success is still out there or "in business". I believe I am still the only source for a known pure Blue Tilapia in any meaningful quantity.

Last edited by Rainman; 04/18/12 08:51 PM.