Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
OK, I don't count because I NEVER carry a camera. It's just not me.

However, last Saturday morning I broke out a 3 wt fly rod and some bugs that George gave me 3 or 4 years ago. I need to practice with it for next years trout trip to Arkansas with my BIL. I went to the dam to practice since there are no trees. I never fish there. George showed me how to do this stuff and I had to stop and think about just how to cast that thing. No sweat; it worked but George probably wouldn't have appreciated my form. I started catching BG from 5 to 9 inches on every cast. The rod broke on the 2nd fish so I went back and got a 7wt and continued. After about 45 minutes I went back to the house and got my Wife. All of this continued, after a break for breakfast, until about 2:00 when we had to leave.

At one point I went back to the house for another rod and nightcrawlers. The only fish that we caught on live bait were 3 to 5 inch. I figure the fish are pretty well conditioned to the red and white bobber. I hauled about 15 fish back to my previously dried up forage pond.

Gotta buy a couple of 3wt fly flingers. Just why are those things about 3 times as expensive, with very little technology involved, as a good level wind casting rig?

Dave, I am so proud! cool
grin

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)