OK, I don't count because I NEVER carry a camera. It's just not me.

However, last Saturday morning I broke out a 3 wt fly rod and some bugs that George gave me 3 or 4 years ago. I need to practice with it for next years trout trip to Arkansas with my BIL. I went to the dam to practice since there are no trees. I never fish there. George showed me how to do this stuff and I had to stop and think about just how to cast that thing. No sweat; it worked but George probably wouldn't have appreciated my form. I started catching BG from 5 to 9 inches on every cast. The rod broke on the 2nd fish so I went back and got a 7wt and continued. After about 45 minutes I went back to the house and got my Wife. All of this continued, after a break for breakfast, until about 2:00 when we had to leave.

At one point I went back to the house for another rod and nightcrawlers. The only fish that we caught on live bait were 3 to 5 inch. I figure the fish are pretty well conditioned to the red and white bobber. I hauled about 15 fish back to my previously dried up forage pond.

Gotta buy a couple of 3wt fly flingers. Just why are those things about 3 times as expensive, with very little technology involved, as a good level wind casting rig?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP