Hello Everyone. I would like to get some thoughts on a catfish die-off I found today. These were all large(er) 3-4lb channel cats that died, so far about 6 of them.

The pond is total about 1 acre. Thanks to our south texas drought the run-off filled pond got down to a small 30ft fish hole about 4ft deep. The only fish that lived through the drought were catfish and damm carp. Birds ate most everything else - it was like shooting fish in a.... well you know.

two weeks ago we had a rain that filled the pond back to it's full glory, about 95%. Lots of cats seemed to have lived, small and large. Last weekend we had the big storms (tornado in San Antonio!) and this started a big run-off. Today, 4 days after the rain we still have a trickle running in and out of the pond.
We lost lots of little cats and was also glad to see lots of my carp swimming down the street.

This morning we found 12+ big cats just sitting at the mouth of the intake - I assumed eating whatever was getting washed into the pond. By this afternoon we found 6 of them floating and still see a couple more having problems.

The pond is very muddy. The pasture where the run-off comes from has not been fertilized in a couple years (due to drought) so there is no bloom in the pond. I checked the temp, about 63 degrees @ 3ft deep.

I assume it is related to the drought stress and the new water, perhaps the PH? any other thoughts?

BTW - I am stocking today - minnows, CNBG - perhaps a few bass again. Thanks all.