Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

Just remind him when you get fish in your system that yours is no longer a idea in your head. grin Believe me there is a difference. Even in the finest designed systems Murphy's Law applies. And although it's a trite expression, the more complicated a system is the more things that can go wrong really applies to RAS'. At a recent aquaculture meeting Dr. VanGorder was telling us about some of the most expensive and well designed systems he has seen that ended almost as soon as they started.

Very true Cecil. Nothing like having your system up and running with fish present.

Many a fish farm bit the dust when they adapted RAS technology. One of the prevailing reasons according to Timmons, is that they just did not understand the technology they bought in to. Many other reasons to do with economics also. If you are just on the edge of making a profit and the utility companies hike your rate, so long!

My stuff is not overly complicated. Pretty basic really, except my future fish will be able to send me text messages grin

DMRGB:
Here is some sunfish info. You can download it free: Sunfish Culture Guide

Last edited by JKB; 03/19/12 04:40 AM.