Green Head,

Can you give some information an Cultrine? Where can you find it? I have used copper sulfate crystals, known to us here as bluestone, for years. I always bought a bag from Southern States. One of their stores sold a 50 lb. bag of pebble shapes crystals that work for me great. They warned us all of the time not to put too much in or it will kill the fish. Then Southern States raised their price and I found bluestone cheaper somewhere else but it felt like sand and it stayed on top of the water unlike the crystals that sunk to the bottom. The day after I put the cheaper bluestone out(I used the whole bag and didn't cover the whole pond which was unusual)most of the fish were dead. I decided I would come up with the money to pay for the good stuff at Southern States. However, recently I've heard how barley straw will kill algae. But no farm supply store sells barley straw around here and what few farmers that grow barley don't want to sell any bales. I decided to grow some myself and I will for many years to come. The barley works well and is cheap to plant.