Originally Posted By: DMRBG
On an important side note:

I would very much like to keep the tone of this thread positive, constructive and educational. Please try to keep with that spirit while posting.

Thank you.

Likewise DMRBG and I think we are doing O.K. so far. You have to understand JKB is an engineer and I think he is just humoring you. He does that me all the time! Engineers always think they are the smartest people in the room and they usually are.

Just remind him when you get fish in your system that yours is no longer a idea in your head. grin Believe me there is a difference. Even in the finest designed systems Murphy's Law applies. And although it's a trite expression, the more complicated a system is the more things that can go wrong really applies to RAS'. At a recent aquaculture meeting Dr. VanGorder was telling us about some of the most expensive and well designed systems he has seen that ended almost as soon as they started.

I'm no engineer and my philosophy is the KISS principal. My system is not complex, but it gets the job done for what it's designed for, which is bringing in fish for the winter to get a few more inches on them.

Please direct any questions you have to me and I'll be happy to answer them the best I can. However I must warn you I am still learning, but I'm having a blast doing so.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/18/12 10:03 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.