Oh, and if anyone wants something fun to shoot that absolutely strikes things dead as if they were hit by the hammer of god try the .45-70 in a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun.

I couldn't be happier with mine. I have shot beaver, coyote, white tail, black bear, red fox, ground hogs, wild pigs, a steer, and other various things with it. Never, ever, have I ever recovered a projectile. Never, ever, have I seen anything that I shot with it do more than shiver and pee all over themselves.

I've hit deer and pigs on a dead run broad side and they folded up like a steel chair and just rolled on the ground. When they stopped rolling they were stone dead.

Heavy, cast, solid bullets. The ENTRANCE wound will be about half an inch wide and they penetrate like nobody's business.

I think that it is Garrett Cartridges that advertise that their heavy cast solids in .45-70 will go end to end through any land animal on earth. After shooting one through a 1200 pound steer, through the skull and out one of the hams, I believe it LOL.