Originally Posted By: Skinnerback
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Welcome aboard Skinnerback!!!

it'll take some good clay or a liner along with a good pond builder, planning, and most importantly...$$$'s laugh

I have someone who will dig the pond for me as long as he can take most of the dirt-sand. The plumbing & electrical side of it I can do myself. Just need to know if I need a liner or not, clay or not? I'm new to this. I've always wanted a nice stocked pond, just something different I guess smile

Skinner, are there other ponds near your site? We hear sandy soil and think leaks and no clay, but there may well be some clay nearby that would make a seal-able pond possible.

Getting a pond "built" takes far more knowledge that the average dirt mover knows or cares about even with the best of soil conditions. Having someone do the basic pool area for the spoils is an awesome budget saver, but you don't want a huge, free hole/mud puddle afterward.

I still suggest contacting Mike Otto would be a great starting point. It cost FAR less to build even a difficult pond to begin with than it does to repair mistake or leaks after it gets wet.