Thanks for the advice guys.

I thought that tadpoles could play a pretty big seasonal role in the food chain. Each female frog can lay 4000 eggs per example. Lets say that half of those eggs hatch. Lets say that half of the eggs that hatch make it to beyond the first few days of life and half of that amount make it to large tadpole size. This means that each female frog could put an estimated 500 large tadpoles to the pond every spring. If you have 100 female frogs that means that you get 50,000 pieces of forage in the pond every spring that your bass can eat.

The mud puppies I just have an affinity for. I think that they're interesting creatures and would like to add them to the pond as long as they don't disrupt things or cause any damage. I don't expect them to reproduce in any huge numbers and be truly significant as a food source, but I thought that with their large adult size (8" plus) that they could avoid predation and establish themselves.

As far as fingernail clams I would like to put them in to feed my redears. It would be nice to supplement their food intake and be able to have huge fat redears. Again, fingernail clams being another species that I would like to add if they wouldn't disrupt anything. I doubt that they would be of benefit to any species besides the redears as a food source, but for every redear that fills his belly on clams he isn't filling his belly on fatheads or shiners that could be eaten by something else.

As I'm just in the dreaming and planning stages these are the little intricacies that keep me awake at night LOL.