The ID guide for GSH from what I consider to be top 2 or 3 fish guides on the net... Wisc Fish Golden Shiner

When you look at the YOY fish, you'll notice how much more fusiform they are as compared to adult fish. Also, their coloration is a bit off as they are preserved specimens. Keep in mind as with every species, there is a substantial difference in coloration. That is why other physical features which do not very as much are often better clues as to what the actual species is.

You no doubt have a head start on your stocking plans. to be honest, if that many GSH are flooding into your pond, you probably don't need to stock any more. I have found that far smaller numbers of wild(as in they have grown up being chased by predators) GSH are far more likely to take hold than are far larger numbers of hatchery raised GSH which are raised in monoculture hatchery ponds and have never experienced what it's like to to be chased by an LMB.

Sorta like releasing 100 hatchery raised pheasants or trap and transferring 10 wild pheasants. I'll put my money on those 10 wild pheasants being more numerous than the 100 hatchery birds 1 year later any day...