Recently I have been thinking a lot about creating a relativity large private pond (25-50 acres). Making it a 2-3 year project and digging it myself. I have wanted to create this pond and design it specifically for the fish species I will be planning on stocking. I had a friend who create a 25 acre pond that was specifically designed for Atlantic Salmon. I only fished in there once, but I caught an 17.89 pound fish on my first cast. The lake was literally exploding with giant Atlantic Salmon. Don't ask me how he did it, I have NO idea. He did mention something about a specific kind of bait fish. Also he build the pond over a very large and very cold natural spring that kept the water very cold. He still lives in the western part of Colorado (The Rocky Mountains)
Now recently, I have been thinking about doing something very close to what he has done. Design a pond specifically for a certain species that is uncommonly stocked (and grow large) (at least in large amounts). Now it seems like I am beating around the bush. These are the fish species I have in mind (remember what species I select will determine how I design the pond)

1. Atlantic Salmon (doing something close to what my friend did)
2. Lake Sturgeon (although I think these would be difficult, your opinion would be interesting)
3. Canadian Northern Pike
4. Musky (This is another really interesting one, my friend knew someone who did this (that is how he got his idea for Atlantic Salmon ) and he was wildly successful with a 35 acre lake. I believe he stocked a wide range of bait fish including two shad species which he believed were the backbone of his musky' diet (from examining stomach contents).
5. One of the western salmon species (not very keen on this one)
6. The sterile Trout Lodge breed of rainbows ( http://www.troutlodge.com/?pageID=EA66FEAB-3048-7B4D-A9095C83399E3841 ) (This is off a high interest to me)

Your comments and feedback would be much appreciated.