I gave Dski the weekend off and did a solo shot out to the project this last trip. Most all the targeted work was one-man-band kinda stuff, and she does deserve a break now and then...from both the project work and me.
-
I have been trying to hook up with somebody in the 'hood to help move the 500 gal LPG tank that I picked up a couple of months ago. It has been setting on my utility trailer ever since, tucked up off the driveway in the woods. No, we aren't at a point where I actually need propane for heat, but I do want it onto the tank pads we poured a couple months ago. I also need to free up the utility trailer because I will need it to transport more insulation for work that is slated pretty soon.
-
My excavator was in the area with his mini, so we hooked up to move the iron pig to it's final resting place. A 2" conduit was laid into a trench to facilitate pulling thru the gas line, when that time comes.

As much as we try, foresight and planning are often limited and we wind up doing the best we can with what we have. So goes location of the LPG tank, as it relates to the location of the gar/apt. We had to consider:
1) keeping it within about 75' max of the driveway to allow filling
2) keeping it within a reasonable distance of the actual structure
3) keeping it somewhere near the backside of the entire building site to minimize visual exposure
4) working around the septic tank and field that wound up packed into that same "rear of the building site" location
5) keeping it in an area that will allow hooking it up to the future home structure that may be built sometime in the (retirement) future.

So, after considering all this criteria, we have about one option. Done.

We decided that a short privacy fence will have to do for blocking it from view...yeah, I'll get right on it when I have time.

Lassig and Jsec from the PBF have been helping me with planning for the structured wiring. I went a little nuts with the computer and co-ax wiring in the shop area downstairs, so I felt that the living space upstairs should get similar attention. This is a shot from the attic area above the interior wall cavity where the wiring box will be installed.

This is the wall cavity directly below. This bowl of spaghetti includes the runs coming in from below in the shop area. It feels like I have more home runs than Barry Bonds.

The only area left that to be wired for this stuff is the garage parking area. That should be cake...I hope.
-
The only wiring facet that I have NOT installed is alarm stuff and/or surveillance camera stuff. My jury is still out on this one, but now would surely be the time. Forum members that are savvy on this stuff are encouraged to chime in with thoughts and what hardware I might consider.