Originally Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN
Hope Im not steering this too much off topic,mods feel free to relocate it. Perhaps Kelly and Nate can chime in concerning Clipper.Have not used it to date and have read and reread the label. Appreciate anyones take on if this is a product for potamogeton control compared to the fluridone type products. Also a concern is southern naiad. I see on the label the formula for given ppb's which tells me we are treating total water in some cases but at the same time it mentions targeting specific submersed weeds.Lastly any experience with treatment on FA's as is labeled for that also. I find this an interesting product but remain cautious of all newly labeled products. Kelly can perhaps appreciate that if you are familiar with a Dupont product for the turf market called Imprelis and the estimated 1 Billion worth of damage it has done to labeled trees from Colorado to Maine. (Another story for another day)

I relocated this question from an unrelated thread, since it has a better "fit" in this section.
Ted: CLIPPER's strengths lie in controlling Hydrilla, milfoil, watermeal, duckweed and a few other species - including potamogeton and southern naiad (aka "Najas", "bushy pondweed"). It is also very active on several species of filamentous algae.
I'm still becoming familiar with this new product, and somewhat hesitant to elaborate at this point. However, I feel confident that CLIPPER will not encounter any issues remotely comparable to IMPRELIS (as usual, there's more to that story than is conveyed by the press).