sprkplg how many attempts have you had? It might just be the next one the guy really knows his stuff. I grind myself and never add anything to it. I only cut off fat and membranes on shoulder nto process. Cooked whole in the crockpot it falls apart you pickout the bone and membranes and I would challenge you to tell it is deer when poured over rice with the carrots and potatoes. I know I'm just like your buddies.

I hear you thou I have been in camp and they cook it to death. As mentieond with no fat you gotta go medium rare. If someone says cook mine well done I tell them you might want to eat something else.
I cook the entire backstrap on the grill wrapped in bacon it is hard to beat. Is it better than a "nice" filet probably not. However it is really good about as helathy as you can on meat with high protein and low fat and I know since i prepared how it was treated. You can get a good cut of meat from the market or the next be so full of fat I hate it.

SNiper I think well prepared Vension is like bass it does not really have too much taste just nice and tender if cooked well. So I like to spice it up with whatever depending on preference of guest or my fancy that night.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com