A salt dip at saltwater strength would not kill them if you remove them as soon as they lose equilibrium. As soon as they lose equilibrium (in as little as 30 seconds but it depends on the species) remove them immediately and drop them into the unsalted water. I do this with bluegill and yellow perch all the time when I bring them in from the cages ouside in the ponds to the Recirculating system in my basement. I don't see why it shouldn't work for RBS.

CJBS2003 is right though, it does not remove everything but it does a great job on imploding external parasites. I haven't had a problem with parasites or disease yet by doing this. However I also usually run a 2 ppt (same as 0.2 percent or 2000 ppm) level of salt in the tanks indefinitely which also reduces stress. However this year I'm going to not use salt as I'm getting into Aquaponics and plants don't tolerate salt well. I'm hoping I don't end up with problems with the fish by excluding the salt.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.