So about this time last year, the Mid-Atlantic chapter of Pond Boss held a gathering at Sunil's place and was joined by road warrior Rainman with a truckload of fish.

Among those was a nice supply of HSB. Just for fun, I got 5 of them and, if I recall correctly, they were about 6 - 8 inches long. Well, two died within a couple of weeks and I never saw the others so I wasn't sure if they made it or not. Then, this past spring, I saw at least one of them coming in to feed when I fed the BG. I was psyched to see that at least one had made it, though it didn't look like there had been any growth.

Fast forward to yesterday when we spent the evening at the farm. While feeding, we saw at least two and possibly all three of the HSB, so they have made it. But what was most awesome was the fact that they are all pushing what I would guess to be 10+ inches now and look to be very healthy. They were nailing the food in classic HSB style and it was just awesome to see. I am hoping to add more very soon - thinking I may throw in 20 - 25.

In any event, I was just so excited to see their growth that I wanted to post. Perhaps next year we'll manage to land one or two of them and get some real measurements.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB