It is pretty hard not to hit water in Michigan, unless the well driller is an idiot.

The only reg's I know of right now, is if you pump 75gpm for 30 days you have to report your water usage to the state along with a hundred bucks so they can process the data. Not sure how or if that applies to residential use.

They also tried to get a well tax through. Every well owner had to have a meter installed and would be taxed on how much water they used. Glad that one failed!

Our township only allows one well on your property unless you are zoned agricultural. There are ways around that one tho. Neighbor had two wells and they made him decommission the one that was not supplying his house. He should have kept his mouth shut. Heck, up until last year, you could not even have chickens. City jerks running country townships crazy

I would also look into shallower wells, ones that you can drive yourself. 20gpm may be possible.

7500.00 for a 300 foot well is a pretty good price. 12 years ago, my sister paid 8K for a 180 foot well. My dad was just quoted 4500.00 for a 60 foot well. You need to find a reputable well driller.