The county I work in is averaging 200-400 deer per sq mile. Basically, 10-20x as many deer as there should be... On many of the properties I hunt on there I get to use special DPOP tags and can kill as many deer as I can. Mostly it's bow hunting but on some of the larger county parks we get to use shotguns. My record is 12 deer in 1 day.

It's so bad in some areas they use our SWAT officers with silenced rifles and night scopes and electric powered ATV's. One officer drives, one illuminates the deer with infrared light and the other shoots the deer. All meat is donated to hunters for the hungry... Man can you stack the deer up that way! Good practice for when they have to shoot bad guys.

Sad walking through a park and you can see 400 yards because the deer have eaten every stitch of vegetation they can reach. Little hunting pressure, no predators and bleeding heart animal lovers lead to that. Deer are lovely animals when there's 15-20 of them per square mile. Much more than that and they destroy the habitat and ecosystem.