I have been going back and fourth on weather or not a well to assist keeping my pond at full pool is worth the investment? My pond is about 3 years old 3/4 acre 9'-14' average (depending on time of year) dug in sandy loam with a fair amount of clay. The pond holds water pretty well but by fall I am down about 3'-4' every year. Typically late October rains bring me back up a foot or two and they by spring I am back at full pool to do it all over again. Overall i really cannot complain considering what some others are dealing with. I have been tossing around digging a well for two years but think I may make the plunge in the spring. The kicker is to get the water I need (20-25 GPM) I need to go down 340' so i am looking at a $7500 investment. It seems to me I should be able to keep the pond at full pool with the additon of the well but others have told me I am "pissing in the wind". It seems to me since the pond holds water pretty well with 20 gpm of incoming water I should be able to keep the level up? Any thoughts?