choch2odog,

Here is a suggestion that works for me. Buy ag. lime in bulk quantities...I buy 25 tons at a time...and have it spread by a truck properly outfited for that purpose. Run the spreader truck up to and all around the shoreline placing lime in the pond and in the drainage to the pond.

If you have a feed store and/or coop nearby you can usually find someone who handles pasture liming which you are adapting to your pond. This method is very effective for me....lasts at least 5 years. My ponds are all at about 135 total alkalinity and total hardness and 7.5 ph. The ponds are in East Texas which has very high acid content in the soils and lots of pine trees.

The cost for me this year for spread lime was about $35 per ton. I doubt you will find anything comparable to that cost from the folks who use boats and plywood and pumps and etc.

If this post isn't clear or you have any questions re this technique, do not hesitate to ask. I have found it to be by far the most cost effective and reliable method to accomplish what you are after.