I have recently have aquired a series of ponds varing in size from 5 to 40 acres. The ponds extremely clear and will benifit form fertilization. However, there pH is around 6.2, and alkalinity is low. The ponds are essentially "pits" from previous gravel mining. There water source is completely rain dependent. waterfall turn over is entirely weather dependent (wet/dry cycles). I also realize that fetilization without balanced pH, is a waste.

What I haven't figured out is a practical means of application of lime, there are plenty of open water areas, with relatively small shore access due to plantation pines. I've contacted the local fisheries biologist and she reccomended shoveling the lime off a piece of plywood on a jon boat. Fourty tons or more of lime ??? There has to be a better way. Pond depth varies from three feet to fifteen. Moss type grass on the bottom, and abundance of lilly pads in shallow shoreline and backwater areas. Fair population of bass and brim, which needs to be culled. Short of a crop duster, any suggeations, thanks.