Thanks RAH, I will give it a shot and see what happens.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--Wb_k...onstruction.jpg

To explain a little about the project landscape, the land has a natural slope from west to east with a 6' difference in elevation so I decided to make a u shaped levee on the north and south side of the pond. We shot elevation yesterday and seen that the levee is just over flood stage so I elected to raise the levee another 12" just to make sure. There is a power line that runs north to south on the west side of the pond so I am limited as to how far the water at full pool can be.

With the last rain, the original pond bottom was holding water when the crew arrived so we elected to start digging on the west side of the pond for dirt and moved that dirt for the levee. We had about 6" of top soil when we first started digging and went right into the clay loom, at least down to 10'. The soil has, in my limited experience, the right amount of moisture for compacting. They load the dump truck, he drives around the levee, makes a dump, we spread it with the dozer and then compact it with the sheeps foot. We are keeping the layers of dirt about 6-8" for compacting. After a short time of drying time, the surface looks like a marble top, real smooth and appears to be real hard. I have watched the loaded dump truck travel on the levee and do not see much movement of the soil when the tires pass over it.

I am now 85 hours into the project and of yesterday evening at close of business.

I subscribe!