Thanks for the replies guys. As Esshup already knows, I'm battling between renovating an existing "mudhole" that was once a swamp, or building a whole new one.

I still think a 50,000 dollar price-tag sounds like a rich yankee got ripped off by a fast-talking contractor, no offense to yall yanks out there. But honestly, for 50,000 dollars, I'd rather rent the equipment myself and then pay someone 5,000 to teach me how to use it and probably still only end up paying 30,000 or so in the long run hahaha.

The dirt here is mostly clay, so hopefully I may end up lucky and not having to add the cost of spreading out clay. As for the dirt, I plan on being really economical and just using the dirt to fill in the closest ditch, which should only be a few meters away. Hell, for that matter, Ill just tell him to dump it whereever and Ill just simply look at it as my big free pile of dirt to use on future gardening or construction projects. Bottom line: he can dump the dirt wherever is close and convenient, pretty or not.

Good to know Ill only need 1 or 2 of the half-horsepower diffusers. The 1hp ones are nearly 2,000 dollars, and I was really hoping I could get away with something less powerful and less expensive.

I'm going to call 2 contractors today and see if they can swing by the property and give me a rough estimate. Any tips you guys have for me when talking to a contractor for the first time? I don't want to sound completely naive which may lead to getting a higher-than-usual estimate.