I would appreciate some comments from you guys that might be able to help. My pond is 3 years old and is 2.5 acres. When built I added 10 tons of lime and the first year I got a good bloom. The 2nd year I could not get a bloom. In December of 03 I added 10 more tons of lime. Prior to adding I cheked my alkalinity with the Cole Parmer test kit that I was told was good for ponds on this web site. My alk was 15. My lime has been in going on 4 months and my alk is only up to 21ppm. I have fertilized twice once the middle of march water temp 60 to 70 based on the weather. No bloom. Perhaps water was a little cool. I used twice the amount to kick of the bloom. Waited two weeks water temp now 65 to 75 added 20 more pounds (calls for 4 lbs per acre) of water soluable pond fertilizer 5-54-10 still no bloom. This week my water turned a dark tea color and a few days later it was clear. Sechi disk visible at 30 inches. Do I wait a few days and fertilize again. I even thought about adding 200 lbs of hydrated lime then fertilize to get the bloom established. My ph is 7.65. All comments are appreciated. Thanks Guys.

Jake