Hello, The dam on my 4 acre pond was completed last August. Due to the drought here in west-central Indiana it did not fill till early this year when all the ice melted and we had a ton of rain. Because of the drought my grass seed didn't grow and I am just now fixing the erosion and reseeding. During that process I have recently discovered a wet spot about 4' by 4' at the base of the dam that won't dry and in fact there is a little muddy surface water showing (a little of the water has a funky orange color to it). It's not flowing on down from that spot on the surface. The pond has only went down about 4-6 inches from the pipe during this year's drought, so I think it seems to be holding steady. My contractor (also neighbor) now says that it's a "spring". I don't recall a spring being there before. The worst part about this is the wet spot is in the "emergency" spillway area, so I am concerned it won't hold real well if we have get a massive rain that my pipe can't handle. Since my pond is holding level real well despite this year's drought, is this someting I should be worried about? Any suggestions? I am hoping that once I have it reseeded and get the grass growing it will dry up a bit. Thanks.