I had this last year for a week or so but it quickly disappeared. It's back this year worse than ever and has been around now for a couple weeks.

My pond is 30+ years old, 1/3 acre, deepest depth around 15 feet. It does have drainage from farm lands so I know it does get nutrients in it. I installed an aerator system I bought from Ted 2 years ago and it has really seemed to help. Last summer I raked out clumps of junk I assume was brought up from the bottom. Last year and many years prior I raked and raked FA all summer, Cutrine would cut it back but it would return with a vengence. This year after running my aerator for almost 2 years I have had very little FA but now this summer the stuff in my pictures.

I have tried spraying with Cutrine but hasn't seemed to help. It got knocked back with our last 2 rainstorms but came back within a day or so. It floats around and clumps on one end if the wind blows making it look like it is going away, but just compacting together. I am going to contact Bill Cody thru PM to see if I can send him a sample. When it is blown to one end the water is quite clear so whatever it is mostly appears to be on the surface. It really isn't harming anything but sure is annoying to look at and feed my fish. If the Cutrine didn't do anything I'm really wondering if it's algae, but it sure is bright green.

Any takers on giving a shot at this?? As I said am contacting Bill to see if he can identify. Thanks!!!

Attached Images
Image001.jpg Image003.jpg Image008.jpg Image011.jpg Image013.jpg
Last edited by brians; 08/01/11 07:47 AM.