I have gotten my stuff together to go after the algae eating Northern redbelly dace in northern Indiana. Chest wader, single person seine, food chest rigged with oxygen pump, pictures and identifying features of the minnow and the exact places in a creek from a 1973 biological survey of fish in this stream. So I will be disappointed if I don't find any. So I'm waiting for the heat to back off. We are on a 7 day run of temp. in the 90's to 100 and the heat index above 100. Yesterday it was 100 with an index of 110 at Indianapolis so this is great FA growing weather.

Last Monday when the temp was in the 90's I made a one minute video of my pond and how the FA wasn't penetrating into the main body of my spatterdock. After Thursday the spatterdock was still holding the FA back. Sunday I will make another one minute video added to the first one for comparison to see if the spatterdock is still successfully holding beck the FA or not, and I will post it. My Curly Leaf pondweed isn’t able to stop FA like the spatterdock does and I have no idea why.