Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of replacing my current aeration setup with a new and improved model. The first part is configuring my new pump (Thomas 2660) with a manifold that has a muffler/silencer, pressure gauge, pop valve, and 3 valves for airline.

I did some "shopping" on grainger last night and priced out all the pieces I'd need to configure the pump how I need it. Right now, my pump has 2 outputs - one that has an airline barb and the other with a pressure relief valve. My plan is to put a 1/4" NPT tee fitting where the PR valve currently is, and tee it out to the 30psi gauge and the PR valve. The intake line gets a new silencer/filter.

For the manifold, my plan is 2 elbow fittings together to bring the manifold above the pump, then a couple tee fittings and an elbow joint. Everything will have a ball valve on it to adjust flow as required.

Is it OK to use all 1/4" NPT fittings? Or should I be looking to get a larger size connectors? I plan to use at least 1/2" airline off the valves, but is it a problem to have all 1/4" NPT fittings connected to it at the pump?

Thanks!

Straw

Last edited by straw; 07/15/11 10:05 AM.