Have a lake that has produced a lot of 10-12 lb bass and one 13 lb 4 oz bass. We started with a dry lake bed several years ago and stocked copper nose then Fla Bass and later some Northern. Problem we thought would be the other 8 lakes up the stream that drain into our lake from other farms that most go un checked. They have crappie , cat and who knows what else that we have no control over. I decided the last few years to have a crappie contest and turned the boys that have permits to fish our bass lake to challange them to catch as many crappie as they could. Must remove all caught and if too small to fillet dispose of. At best count from records this spring they cleaned around 1200 fish in the 1/2 to 2 1/2 lb range and we had some good eating. My wife loved it.
Some of the same guys just caughts several 4-5lb , 8 lb, 10lb 4 oz and various other size large mouth. We have water flowing through our lake nearly 365 days a year. Next years the boys are going to have to harvest 2400 crappie or loose their permitts. Talking about pressure !!!!!!!!!! Everyone is happy. Bass guys,crappie guys, my wife, my wife, my wife. Lake is about average size of 12 acres or so at normal pool. Located N.E. Alabama. Most ponds here that have crappie in them wind up with thousands of little crappie. Richey