Rainman

I was hoping to run into you sometime being almost a neighbor. The pond was built by Kenny Nichols the father of a neighbor. He built 3 ravine ponds which are now on three adjacent properties but maybe they were all one acreage when he built them. I understand he is still in business. Anyway, they all hold water well which surprises me because the geology of the ravines around here is not promising-Roubidoux sandstone and not much clay. Maybe he knows what he's doing. We had some test holes dug on a place 2 miles from the pond place with similar terrain and the verdict was don't try it which is why we bought the pond place.

Other than the trees the pond seems in good structural shape-not much muck (few inches), clear with a slight tannic brown tinge from the woods, any bubbles stirred from the bottom do not smell sulfurous (don't smell at all-methane?) It really only has a water shield weed problem which I will ask about later along with some other items but I wanted to stick with one question at a time to keep things simple.

I suspected I shouldn't cut the big trees but I may have a chance at avoiding leakage because the dam seems pretty massive. I'll take out the small ones. Thanks for the advice and nice to meet you.

Dick