Originally Posted By: John Monroe
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Ditto with what Rex said but it can be done. Can I suggest a book called Small Scale Aquaculture by Steven VanGorder? An entire chapter on Tilapia breeding and almost the rest of the book covers systems used to raise them. Even shows you how to build a recirculating aquaculture system, which I built for my basement and is covered in the most recent issue of Pond Boss. The book is available on Amazon.com for about $25.00.

Wow Cecil did you ever get a bargain. Look at the prices now. However, One way to get this book is through your library loan. I have done this many times. I tried to get it for Kindle PC but it's not available.

Small Scale Aquaculture by Steven D. Van Gorder (Paperback - 2000)
1 new from $914.53 10 used from $90.00
Amazon.com

You can get them directly from the author Steve VanGorder here: Small Scale Aquaculture

22.95 includes shipping.

Steve is a nice guy. I talked to him a few times and sent some emails back and forth. We were discussing HSB and how well adapted they are to RAS and how profitable HSB can be. The only road block is that HSB are not legal in Michigan. I talked with the powers that be in MI, and there was a slim to none chance of getting approval.

Their fear was that a delivery truck could have a mishap and accidently release some into State waters. I did not know Rex at the time, but I could have eased their fears by telling them that Rex dont deliver in MI laugh Just kidding of course Rex!

It really is silly, I have seen these books on ebay for a couple hundred dollars. Even saw some ads claiming that this was a very rare and collectible book. Sucker born every minute laugh