Looks like my fish have stabilized. I only lost one three days ago since my last post.

My front yard was a different story however. Over night the top kiddie pool developed a bad leak. It was hardly anything that night and it looked like the water was all leaking into the bottom kiddie pool before I went to bed. But by the time I woke up there was only an inch of water in the top pool and it was dry to the top of the pump in the bottom pool.

I put a new kiddie pool in and while it was down I leveled the new pool better and got the water fall to cascade more towards the center of the bottom pool.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I also added a bird ramp this spring and haven't found a single dead bird or rodent in since I installed it. Come to think of it. That's the other function for the plywood in the back yard pool. I used to have around two bats per month drown in the pool before I added it. Now it never happens. They always seem to make it to the board where they can crawl on top to dry themselves off and fly away.

Since I changed the kiddie pool, now both front and back yard seem to be having dirty water problems. Hopefully that will work it's self out. I live in the dessert where water is expensive and I refuse to change water less than once a month. Lately I been only filling the pool about 3/4 of the way to the top and I don't empty the water to change it till it gets down to half way due to evaporation.

I also read that goldfish were edible. So it's not a total loss. I raised the Tilapia mainly as pets but it's comforting to know if I really had to I could eat either one of them in an emergency situation.

At the way the economy is deteriorating that could be any day now.