When we started the siding last spring, I never in my wildest dreams thought that the entire job would take some 4 - 5 months to complete. I'm getting the same feeling with the HVAC sheet metal, but on a smaller scale.
-
Having every thing crammed up in between the floor joists will pay back nice dividends later in appearances, but getting there is a real bear. Compound that with the fact that I have very limited sheet metal work exposure...and all the work is 9-1/2 feet overhead. We had 2 custom fittings created at my supply house; $50 apiece. Jeesh...maybe I should just try to make them myself....NOT. As it turned out, the fab shop made 'em wrong the first time around. Then, they missed a very tight deadline to re-fabricate correctly. In the end, amidst much aggravation on my part, they gave them to me for gratis and an apology.
We spent WAY too much time putting this stuff together, but it turned out pretty nice and I've got it caulked up pretty tight.
-
-
looking up from the mechanical room; the 2 main feeds out to the main trunk

-
-
This one really bummed me out, but it had to be done. There was absolutely no way for me to bend/twist/scrape my arms around the ductwork from below to install and effectively caulk the main trunk feeds....so.....I had to open up the 2nd floor. It broke my heart to cut open these holes, but it is a good decision and affords access to do a good job. It will help ease insulation installation, too. I'll do a good job corkin' it back up. Looking down at the 2nd floor subfloor.

-
-
And, finally....all the main trunk work is done over the shop area. All the take-offs are installed and ready to feed over to the register boots....next trip.