dont pull them out by roots. wife & son tried that on a windy day on her small 30 ft gravel beach & by the time winter set in , what was just a patch on the southeast corner turned into a total lakeshore disaster on my 5acre pond.it was covered from shore to 10 -20 feet out

however i did find glyphosate in high concentrate (35% from local mfa) did have major impact on it. but only pads that were above surface .i would spray early in day & cover all of pad. i'm now on my 2nd year of treating & now is just spot treating pads that are coming up.

i did not notice any impact on my fish population dut did lose all vegataion in or near the pads. however i would recommend if it is a small pond that you treat it in small sections at a time. i did it all at once but then my 5 acre pond had a larger surface area & because it was so thick i dont think any made it in the water anyhow except on the edges of the deeper water

shore grass is starting to come back ive notice & now considering planting corkscrew eelgrass in several spots, after reading bill codys post ive researched it. low growing, not sure how it will hold up to winters in central mo

good luck

Last edited by JOHN T; 06/12/11 09:26 PM.