Quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:
My HSB experience is very limited compared to most here.

One thing that I forgot to mention...My fish guy knocks out the HSB with clove oil before transferring them into my pond. So when they first go into the pond, they are basically not moving at all, and instead are lying on the bottom. It takes at least 10 minutes before they start moving, and they are "stunned" at best. The place where we put them in the water is only 1-2' deep, therefore we can monitor them.

It doesn't sound like anyone else "knocks them out" when putting them in??
My fish guy put about 2 drops of something he called "Tranquil" in each bucket of HSB. He said this kept them calm for about 5 minutes while we took the buckets back to the pond. They seemed to recover very shortly after going in the pond (some while we were mixing pond water into the buckets); one took a little longer than the others but vamoosed when I stuck a hand in the water in front of him.

I had forgotten your clove oil info, Sunil, and didn't think to ask him what was in the "Tranquil." He wouldn't have used it if we'd had a shorter in-bucket transit time.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]