Originally Posted By: Lunker846
WOW thats allot of choices. So I need to check the difussers? What about the channel cat. How can you determine if they are causing it. I know my pond used to be clear but now it is a mud hole.

I do get allot of wind on the pond from the south most of the time.

Thanks

What has changed with the pond between the time that it was clear and the time that it's a mud hole? If more than one thing has taken place in the pond, then eliminate one variable at a time.

Well, lets see.... If you have done the jar test and the water clears in the jar, turn off the diffusers for the same amount of time that the water cleared in the jar and see if that does the trick.

Yes = problem solved. No = CC or wind.

Look at the other pond. If there is no aeration in that pond, but it has wind and no CC, then I'd look at the CC as a problem.

Now, the only fly in the ointment is that each BOW isn't going to be exactly alike. If you have had the water tested and the hardness, etc. is the same for both BOW's, then I'd go with the CC. Do both BOW's get the same surface water when it rains? Does turbid water run into one BOW and not the other?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).