Ok here we go. First pic below is of the driveway / land before us humans touched it smile

Second pic here is of the tear drop driveway now.

Here is the trench we dug last year to put in the 200 amp elec. 225 feet of trench 30 inches deep.

This is me on the ryder trencher we used to dig the trench.

Here is the final result kids hanging out enjoying our hard earned electicity! smile

Then Dad and I built a nice shed to keep our stuff in while we are building the cabin.

Finished product. Now if the cabin is just this easy to build!! Ha,ha. smile

Well that's a quick review of the stuff we have in place. We also have the water main in place now too but that's another day.

Ok this weekend we just did some more prep work nothing real exciting but have a few pics.

First priority. Someplace to go in case of an emergencey! smile I told Dad you'll have to watch your back cause you never know what might sneak up on you out here!! smile

Here is part of a very large Hickory tree we had to take down. I hated doing it but it was a must. Bottom of the tree was 26 inches in diameter.

Here is my youngest boy Brett helping Grandpa pick up branches! He had a blast all weekend. Man was he wore out!!

Here is one of the big stumps we were trying to cut down a bit farther. Like I said no real exciting pictures just yet. That's next week! smile

[img]http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/zwolf8220/Cabin%20Kickoff%202011/GrandpaCuttingUpAStump.jpg[/img]

Last but not least we are going with a 1000 gallon ribbed poly septic tank I towed up there this weekend. We will be putting that in the ground in 2 weeks. Can't wait for that!! frown

[img]http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/zwolf8220/Cabin%20Kickoff%202011/1000GallonSepticTank.jpg[/img]

Well that's it for now. More good stuff to come next weekend once we actually start to build the foundation.

Last edited by RC51; 04/04/11 11:20 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!